Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My GOAL for the 2012-2013 School Year

After giving it some thought, I am beginning to feel that becoming an Apple Distinguished Educator would be a tremendous honour.  To network with educators globally with a similar vision, dedication and passion would be a very exciting community to be a part of.  I have always been surrounded by technology since a very young age, and while I may feel that I am very tech savvy, it amazes me at the speed of innovation and development.  Rather than trying to play catch up all the time... I want to be a PART of the process.

I look forward to beginning the new school year with technology as my main focus.  Don't get me wrong, the students, the curriculum and all the other factors of the teaching profession will still be held with the highest priority, but using technology as a tool to bring all the other pieces together is what I intend to do.

I look forward to doing some of the following in the new school year:
- creating and implementing a PD session to all Primary teachers who now have access to iPads!!
- developing and presenting PD sessions at our staff meetings that will allow my colleagues to be exposed to many different tech tools and resources
- using technology as a tool to encourage critical thought, allow for innovation and creation when presenting student's understanding and knowledge of content
- attempting to experiment with parent-teacher communication using technology tools and apps

The month of September will be a busy month indeed.  I must set the stage for what the school year has to offer.  While things may change over the course of the school year, I do believe that my end goal will keep me focused on my delivery, my contribution and my dedication in education.


:-D


No comments:

Post a Comment